For several months (since July 2014) I have expereience a lot of issues with Google Chrome with certain SSL protected websites on my Mac. It wasn't a huge problem till two months ago when we moved our Git repositories from our in-house run Git server to Bitbucket. The main website https://bitbucket.org would not load on Chrome. Instead would get this anoying error screen that offered no "accept the risk" buttons to get around.
In Drupal 7, you could write a simple SQL query to get access to the Roles table and then consume them programatically as you please. Drupal 8 is a bit different but it makes sense once you see what's going on in the background. I had a bit of an issue finding details on this given that D8 is in beta 3 as I write this, so here is what I found.