TL;DR is that it takes using two API functions to validate a path.
We cannot live our lives without software. Many of us are developers now. If you are a developer, can you remember the very first code you ever wrote? Was it a single cataclysmic event that set your life on a path that you live today?
Building a fault tolerant website? Incorporating a load balancer with multiple web servers to maintain maximum uptime? Small business? Using Drupal?
Yes across the board, then read more...
For several months (since July 2014) I have expereience a lot of issues with Google Chrome with certain SSL protected websites on my Mac. It wasn't a huge problem till two months ago when we moved our Git repositories from our in-house run Git server to Bitbucket. The main website https://bitbucket.org would not load on Chrome. Instead would get this anoying error screen that offered no "accept the risk" buttons to get around.
Natural Scrolling. The term to describe scrolling that mimics phone and tablets. The idea was applied to desktops by Apple in their OS X version Lion where the mouse scroll was "inverted" from the normal percieved version of scrolling that most of us knew when holding a mouse in our hand. This scrolling was very obvious for touch screens so Apple made it the way to scroll on a desktop or laptop. The idea was origianlly meet with redicule and oposition, but in typical Apple fashion they introduced people to something they did not know they wanted.
Running through some needed updates on an eCommerce site we run, we ran into an unexpected snag with Addressfield that we even missed in our pre-deployment testing. Since we missed it in testing and it creates a special situation in Drupal websites I thought I would post a quick blog on what happened.
In 2011, we were faced with saving a website from disaster. The website was a massive collection of content, eCommerce, digital videos, Youtube channel data, and digital delivery of paid content. The current software running the site was horrible for the user and the administrator. Costs of running the site were also high due to licensing on the underlying servers. While labeled as a content management system, it was incapable of providing a blog feature without third party modules and the eCommerce solutions available were extremely poor. The software was DotNetNuke.
In Drupal 7, you could write a simple SQL query to get access to the Roles table and then consume them programatically as you please. Drupal 8 is a bit different but it makes sense once you see what's going on in the background. I had a bit of an issue finding details on this given that D8 is in beta 3 as I write this, so here is what I found.